Apple, Balsamic vinegar, Blog, Blogging, Cook, Cooking, Curry Orange dressing, Events, Food, Friends, Home, Ingredient, Kosher, Life, Lifestyle, Mandarin Spinach Salad, Olive oil, Onion, Recipe, Recipes, Salad, salad dressing, Salad recipe, Spinach, Spinach Salad, Spring, Spring salad, Vegan, Vegetarian
After my husband and I were married, my sister-the artist-gave me a beautiful hand illustrated cookbook that she made -filled with all of my family’s favorite recipes. This salad & dressing recipe was one of the included recipes, and is a recipe that my middle sister used to make all the time. I remember that we served it often-at baby showers-wedding showers-birthday meals, parties-and many times-for dinner guests. It was always a favorite.
With spring around the corner-this is the perfect salad to get you excited! I love the fresh new twist that the Orange curry dressing brings to this classic spinach salad recipe. I hope you enjoy it! Bon Apetit!
- 1 bag of fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 c. dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 c. walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 onion-sliced and sautéed in olive oil
- (optional ingredients for substitution or addition: fresh blueberries, sliced strawberries, apple chunks, feta cheese, pomegranate seeds, turkey bacon, pine nuts, purple onions (instead of the sautéed)
Put all ingredients in a big bowl-I build the salad with spinach leaves first-then pecans/walnuts, then onions, then mandarin oranges and cranberries on top
In a blender or food processor, combine:
- 1 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 2 heaping tbsp. Orange Marmalade
- 2 tsp. Curry Powder
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 3/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. tabasco
- 2 tsp. salt
*Makes enough for you to use in the future too, so put leftover dressing in a container and label.